Nha Trang is a beautiful coastal city in Khanh Hoa province, on the South Central Coast of Vietnam. The city is about 1300km from Hanoi and 500km from Ho Chi Minh City. Owning one of world's most beautiful bays, Nha Trang city now becomes an indispensable place for travelers to Vietnam.
Nha Trang climate is quite warm and comfortable during the year with average temperature of approximately 23 Degree Celsius. In general, the ideal time for a trip to Nha Trang is from late January to late October. It is always wet in November and December.
Spring months from February till April are the best time to dive here. Some coral-rich dive sites as Small Hill, South Reef, and Moray Beach After, all around Mun Island (Hon Mun). Travelers making a plan to visit the Nha Trang from September till December should keep eyes on the local weather forecast.
- Air: Nha Trang has Cam Ranh International Airport (the main carrier is Vietnam Airlines). Therefore, you can easily book flights to Nha Trang from Hanoi Capital, Ho Chi Minh City and Danang City.
- Train: You can take train from stations in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City easily but the services are not always in good conditions. For high-class express trains, you should book package tour from travel agencies in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh.
- Bus: there are a lot of high-quality buses available from Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang, such as Phuong Trang, Mai Linh Sinh Café, etc. It may take you about 9 hours to travel.
Regarded as the coastal paradise, Nha Trang has many tourist attractions that you hardly explore all within a few days. However, if the time available is too limited, you can choose following places:
- Nha Trang Bay is recognized as one of 29 most beautiful bays in the world with clean and blue water such as Tranh Beach, Doc Let Beach and so on.
- Vinpearl Land: In addition to the luxury world-class hotels and resorts, beautiful gardens, ideal freshwater pools, visitors will be attracted to the games with thrills and spectacular 4D cinema.
- Hon Mun Island is very attractive with activities as floating Bars, scuba diving and snorkeling to explore coral, glass bottom boats, etc.
- Hon Tre Island is 36km2 and belongs to a group of islands located southwest of Nha Trang. It takes two hours to reach Hon Tre Island by rowboat and only 20 minutes by ferry.
- Nha Trang Oceanography Institute is one of the first centers for scientific research in Vietnam and is an important location for tropical oceanographic research. There are more than 20,000 samples of 4,000 marine and rural creatures collected and preserved for years.
- Po Nagar Cham Towers is Cham’s ancient architecture, 2km far from Nha Trang center to the north. It includes four towers, two temples (the largest temple of Po Nagar).
Other interesting places such as: Tri Nguyen Aquarium, Fishing Village, Con Se Tre Village, Nha Trang Cathedral, Long Son Pagoda, Alexandre Yersin Museum, etc.
Beside charming beaches and islands, Nha Trang also gets benefits from natural mother with mountains, and deltas. West of Nha Trang possesses endless mountain ranges in which a wide various animals and birds are preserved.
Beside delicious and tasty seafood, Nha Trang has a lot of specialties. Especially, bird's nest soup, or swallow's nest soup is very famous not only in Nha Trang but also around Vietnam.
With such advantages, Nha Trang has been more and more attractive to local and abroad visitors and become Vietnam’s pride to international friends.