1. Hand baggage
Each passenger can take onboard a free baggage allowance: two items for Business class passenger and one item for Economy class passenger. Each piece has a maximum weight of 7kg and dimensions shall not exceed 115 cm (56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm) or (22 x 14 x 9 inches). Vietnam Airlines may refuse to carry unchecked baggage and may require the passenger to check his baggage in case it exceeds the quantity, weight and dimensions as specified above.
In addition to free baggage allowance, each passenger may carry, without additional charges, the following personal objects for use during embarking, disembarking or onboard, provided that such objects are retained by passenger's custody:
• A handbag, pocket book or lady's purse, i.e. which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and is not used as a container for the transportation of articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage;
• An overcoat, wrap or blanket;
• An umbrella or walking stick (except one with metal-filled sharp pointed end)
• A laptop computer, a small camera and/or a binoculars;
• A reasonable amount of reading materials for in-flight reading only;
• Infant's food for consumption in flight;
• Infant's carrying basket or bassinet;
• A fully collapsible wheel chair.
• A pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use.
Restricted Items: The following items which in a passenger’s possession may be considered as weapons or dangerous objects and are not accepted as carry-on luggage:
• All knives, including hunting knives and others;
• Bludgeons, blackjacks, billy clubs or similar instruments;
• Any other device or object not commonly viewed as dangerous, but the possession of which suggests that it may be used as a weapon, namely, ice picks, straight (cut-throat) razors, long-blade scissors, etc.
If any of these items are found in your carry-on luggage, they will be confiscated by security, and not returned to you. Vietnam Airlines will not assume any responsibility for confiscated items. The above dangerous objects are only acceptable to carry as checked baggage.
2. Check-in baggage
Flights in Vietnam & Within Asia Business Class: 30 kgs Economy Class: 20 kgs Infant: 10 kgs To/from Europe/Australia Business Class: 40 kgs Economy Class: 30 kgs Infant: 10 kgs To/from Americas Business Class: 23 kgs Maximum number of pieces: Two (2) Economy Class: 23 kgs Maximum number of pieces: Two (2) Infant: 23 kgs Maximum number of pieces: One (1)
3. Excess Baggage
*FLights in Vietnam - Domestic trips:
Between HAN and SGN/NHA/BMV/DLI/VCA/PXU/TBB/UIH VND 40,000 / 1 kg (2USD)
Between SGN and HPH/VII/VDH VND 40,000 / 1 kg (2USD)
Others VND 20,000 / 1 kg (1USD)
* Vietnam Flights - International flights: Subject to destination ranging from 7-10USD/excessed kg
Note: Flight/ Sector Rate (including VAT)
4. Special Baggage
• Sports Baggage
Sport Baggage accepted for carriage includes the following:
• Golf set: One golf set includes one golf bag containing maximum 14 golf clubs, 12 golf balls, T-shaped devices with total weight of not more than 20 kg. Equipment other than above-mentioned items shall not be regarded as golf set.
• Snow ski set: A snow-ski set includes one set of skis, a pair of ski poles, and a pair of ski shoes or boots. Equipment other than above-mentioned items shall not be regarded as standard ski set.
• Surfboard: Any sports equipment for wave surfing includes a surfboard
• Scuba diving equipment: Scuba diving equipment set includes a scuba cloth, a breath tube, a pair of screws, and a diving mask. The equipment that belongs to the dangerous goods group (for example: pressure- gauge, scuba) shall not be accepted.
The request for transport of Sport Baggage must be booked in advance at least 24 hours prior to the flight’s estimated time of departure (ETD).
Sports Baggage must be packed in a neat manner without sharp-pointed angles to ensure safe transport.
• Bike and Bulky Baggage
Bulky baggage to be carried as checked baggage includes large size items (total dimensions not exceeding 203 cm) and/or overweight ones (weighing over 32 kg/baggage). Bulky baggage must be packed in a neat manner without sharp-pointed angles.
Bikes to be carried as checked baggage include all kind of regular bikes, sport bikes, powered bikes (operated by thermo-battery or electric-battery etc.).
Bike must be packed in a manner that satisfies the following requirements:
• Handle bars are positioned along the length direction of the bike.
• Disassemble and pack the bulky parts like: pedal, lamp, mirror, support pole
• The tires must be flatted/deflated before being packed
Bike must be packed in box.
* Pet in Cabin (PETC)
• Offer to Business Class, Platinum and Elite Plus of Skyteam passenger on the direct flights operated by VN from Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat to Charles De Gaulle (France), Shremetyevo 3 (Russia), Incheon, Busan (Korea), Canton (China).
• PETC reservation must be made in advance; minimum 36 hours before departure
• PETC should be accompanied by valid health and rabies vaccination certificate, entry permit and other documents required by countries of departure, transit and entry.
• This service will be charged
Please contact Vietnam Airlines ticketing offices or agents for futher information.
* Pets/Animals as checked baggage: Pets carried as checked baggage include dog, cat and bird. Other animals can only be carried as cargo.
• Request for Pets services should be made at least 24 hours prior to time of departure.
• Pets should be accompanied by valid health and rabies vaccination certificate, entry permit and other documents required by countries of departure, transit and entry.
• Passenger requiring pets services shall assume all risks of injury, sickness or death during carriage.
Only pets in healthy state without an offensive smell is accepted for carriage. Bad health conditions or pregnant Pets shall be rejected.
* Cabin Baggage
Cabin baggage (CBBG): For fragile, bulky or high value items such as large musical instruments, paintings or antique bottles which are not suitable to load in cargo compartment could be carried as block seat baggage in cabin.
CBBG services request should be made at least 24 hour prior to ETD.
Articles too large or of weight over 75 kg per seat shall not be accepted. Three-dimension size of CBBG should not exceed 40cm x 50cm x 115cm for B767, B777 and not exceed 40cm x 50cm x 95cm for A320, A321 and F70.
CBBG must be packed to ensure no scratches to the seats, or harm to the nearby passengers.